Sorry for the radio silence on this journal....I’ll have you know there are lots going on behind-the-scenes! I’m taking heaps of classes, attending conferences, and reading tons of books. In brief, here’s what I have been up to >>>
- [Online Skillshare Class] Map Making: Learn to Communicate Place Beautifully - class project > create an amazing visual map.
- [Online Skillshare Class] Learn InDesign: Layouts, Type and Images - class project > design a portfolio, photo essay or lookbook.
- [Online Skillshare Class] Learn the Ins and Outs of Illustrator - class project > reproduce your favorite print ad using Adobe Illustrator.
- [Online Skillshare Class] Hand-Drawn Typography 101: Create Your Own Font - class project > create your own hand-drawn font.
- [Online Alt Channel Class] Using an Editorial Calendar to Grow Your Blog - I'm taking this class for professional development purposes with my trusty sidekick Betsi for our Ruby Rose social media + marketing side gig.
- [Online Course] Food Photography E-course- photography for foodies + food stylists! This course includes 15 lessons on: understanding your camera, using your camera, lighting, utilizing light from different angles, bouncing & diffusing light, set-up & equipment, subject matter, composition, photographing beverages, angles, props, action shots, the purpose of editing, how to edit your photos, advanced video tutorials.
- [Online Blog Conference] Alt for Everyone - I'm taking 7 one-hour classes over a 2-day period > (1) Graphic Design for Bloggers: Layout and Composition, (2) Shooting in Manual Mode, (3) Illustrator for Bloggers, (4) Growing Your Blog: A Case Study, (5) Photography Best Practices: Photo Styling 101, (6) Colors and Fonts in Graphic Design, and (7) Photoshop for Bloggers. + a keynote presentation from one of my favorites, Kate Arends of Wit & Delight!
- [BlogShop] BlogShop SF - I'm traveling up to San Francisco for a 2-day intensive Photoshop bootcamp for bloggers, it's a national & international workshop put on by graphic designer / blogger Bri Emery of Design Love Fest & photographer / videographer Angela Kohler. This has been on my radar since they first launched the workshop back in May 2011, now I'm fortunate enough to go! I couldn't have done it without the generous help of my Mama + Daddy-o, thank YOU!
- [Book] From Here to There: A Curious Collection from the Hand Drawn Map Society - suggested reading for my Map Making Skillshare class.
- [Book] Little Book of Lettering - some supplementary inspiration for my Hand-Drawn Typography Skillshare class.
- [Book] Sign Painters - a great gift from the greatest guy, thanks Shea! It's packed with incredible hand-painted signs, lettering, and history. Again, this will come in handy (< haaaa see what I did there?!) for my Hand-Drawn Typography Skillshare class.
- [Book] Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community - this has been on my reading wish list for awhile, finally bought it, yahoo!
So, there it is folks. This is what I'm doing. I'd like to dedicate a post on each class, conference, and book, so stay tuned y'all!